Saturday, May 1, 2010

Life in the Twin Lane

We are officially in life in the Twin Lane!  I have heard the twin stories, but to experience them is unlike any joy I have ever felt!  And the laughs are worth their weight in gold...otherwise I would cry at times.  I wanted to share a few of our most recent "twin" moments with all of you.


My favorite story is from the other morning.  For the past few mornings the boys have taken to waking up at 5:30am!  Yikes!  I am a morning person, but seriously that is too early for two 10 months old to be up.  After a long few hours of being awake I put the boys down for a morning nap.  About 10 minutes into "nap" I could hear this amazing belly laugh coming from the room.  I turned on the video monitor to find the boys sitting in their cribs facing each other and Thomas using his blankie to play peek-a-boo with David.  Thomas would lift the blanket and cover his face, wait a second and then pull it down quickly.  Every time he did this David let out the biggest belly laugh and Thomas would respond by laughing too!  This went on for over 5 minutes.  I wish I could have recorded it, it was such a funny moment to watch them entertain each other...during nap! :) 


Another one new found love the boys have is feeling for each other.  When one cries...the other one starts.  The louder one gets...the louder the other gets!  This is not one of my favorite twin tricks, but it is cute to see how much they love their "windum" (brother).


They have also decided that when one is up the other should be up.  Now when someone wakes up from  a nap if I don't get to them quickly (within 1 minute) they start standing near their brother's crib and talking and squeeling.  Although it is funny to watch it has made for some short naps and grumpy boys.  Even as I sit and write this now they are in their cribs playing and talking with each other.  They reach through the bars and help each other stand up (usually David helping Thomas), play peek-a-boo, spit at each other, and make each other laugh.  Oh the fun of twins!



1 comment:

  1. WOW, that is so cool. I hope that they stay that close for life. Love you all

    ReplyDelete