Monday, May 17, 2010

We are All God's Children



Thomas and David are God’s gift to Blake and me.  He has given us His children to raise here on earth.  We don’t own them - they have simply been entrusted in our care while they are here on earth and Blake and I are doing the best we can to raise them the way God wants us to.
Sometimes we all get caught up in life thinking about “stuff.”  We don’t get to take material possessions with us when we leave this earth, so -  Why get caught up in the “stuff” of life?  We need to start enjoying the people and moments in life.  This week Blake and I are sweating less about the small stuff and enjoying our boys more. 
As we work this week to enjoy the simple things I think about our time in Ethiopia…we didn’t have many of the everyday stressors that we encounter now that we are home.  We were simply able to get up each day and enjoy the moment…we didn’t think about what was next, we enjoyed the here and now…and we relished in each moment with David and Thomas.  I pray that each of you take time to enjoy the children of God that He has put in your life.
Here are a few photos from our time in Addis.
Mommy and Thomas

Daddy and David...picture taken by Daddy
Daddy and Thomas


Hanging out at the Guest House


Little David

Little Thomas

As I was posting these pictures I had to laugh at the photos I chose.  Funny that tonight the boys are wearing the same jammies as the ones in the photos (and on the same kid)....guess I was meant to post these photos of the boys...can't believe they still fit into them!  So glad to know they aren't growing up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment