It's crazy how life changes! Three months ago it was Blake and Julie...now it's Thomas and David (oh yeah...and Blake and Julie). We no longer get the hugs first when people come through the door and we are officially being referred to as Thomas and David's mom and dad. But we wouldn't have it any other way. We are loving our new roles in life and the changes it has brought - toys all over the house, spit up on our clothes, the smell of dirty diapers, earlier bed times, a mini van, and the love of two of the most precious boys! I wouldn't trade David's open mouth slobbery kisses for anything!
I did have to laugh this morning as I realized just how much life has changed. Since daddy was at work (you can listen to him on Saturday mornings on WKZO.com) the boys and I met "Pa" for breakfast at Big Apple (my favorite place for bagels and coffee). Pa was babysitting for Brayden and Rylan so the fun really began! What used to be a daddy/daughter event has turned into bagels for boys! What an adventure we had! And what a mess the boys made out of bagels. Thankfully we had Brayden with us and he is a big help and helped to clean up the mess. When we left all four boys jumped into the mini van with me. It was fun to look in the mirror and see my boys and their cousins all buckled in. Nothing like four kids and three car seats! Guess I won't be trading in the van anytime soon. :) What was even more fun was the "dance party" we had on the way home. The boys love an African CD we were given (Thanks Whitakers). We turned up the music and everyone was shaking and moving! Oh the fun! I wouldn't trade this moment for anything. I love this new life we now have and all the joy it brings. If only I could have captured a picture of all five of us singing and dancing to our favorite tunes! Wonder what the people who saw us on the road thought?
I know what they thought, "you were a van of very happy, blessed people".
ReplyDeleteHello! We've been following your blog and were hoping that you'd add ours to your list! We just started our adoption process for Ethiopia this week and want to meet as many people in the process as possible! :) Our blog is http://jon-lindsay-andpups.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeletewe just started our first fundraisers of an ipod raffle and selling our adoption tshirts! Thanks so much!
Lindsay and Jon