So, I thought I had an idea of how much "stuff" you have to get when you have a baby. Our comfortable suburban home has turned into baby central. I guess I didn't realize all the furniture involved in baby land. You've got the cribs, which seem way larger than I thought they'd be. Then the high chairs..those take up a lot of space in the kitchen for sure. Oh yes, then there's the changing table that Julie's going to be using (just kidding:) Our friends and families have been so generous with clothes and toys that our recently finished basement has become a smorgasboard of cool stuff with which to occupy our boys' lives. Julie and I had to consolidate our clothes to two closets and give up one for the boys. We are both clothes hounds so that wasn't the easiest process. Those of you that are parents are probably thinking, "wow, he's in for it because that's just the beginning." Well, I'm ready. Bring on the stuff!
Each time I walk in the boys' room I picture them in there; laughing, sleeping, waking up to see their parents. I wonder how they'll adjust when we get them home. I wonder if they'll feel bonded right away to us, or if it will take some time. I wonder if they'll miss their caretakers from the orphanage. There are just so many unknowns. I do know this, those two little angels God has given us will be loved like no other children have been.
No comments:
Post a Comment