Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm a Mom!

Well, it's official. We are the proud parents of the most beautiful boys. It was an emotional morning, yet amazing. We have two healthy happy baby boys! Amare is smaller than we thought, but still doing well. He does have quite a cough and congestion, but does fine when snuggled in his front pack carrier. They both love the front pack carriers....they can't stop looking at their surroundings and trying to figure out what is going on. Asaye is the "big" brother and is doing well. He can roll over and loves to take toys from his brother. Amare is also very active and we found out LOVES to be held...in fact they said he would cry when they put him in a walker or bumbo...and yes, he does love to be held!! It also appears that both boys are thumb suckers...so cute. I can't wait to share pictures and video...along with more of the story (when we can put it into words). For now, Amare is half asleep in front of me and enjoying life. Asaye and Daddy are sleeping upstairs (Asaye would rather sleep on dad than in his crib). More to come soon... Love,Blake and Julie

5 comments:

  1. SO glad you are there and have your sweet children in your arms! Sweetness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are able to communicate from Addis! I bet you are just exploding with thoughts and words and want to share how much you love them!!! So glad I follow your blog! What amazing words to say "I'm a Mom!"
    Blessings!
    Heather
    Currently #7 Infant Girl =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this..congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to read your updates while you're there! Your boys are beautiful...

    Blessings,

    Dardi
    Momma to Sentayehu :o)
    Waiting for Court Date

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear more!

    Monica

    Momma to Negusse

    ReplyDelete