Thursday, August 30, 2012

Potty Training Extraordinaire

We did it!  Our first child is potty trained...DAVID!!  And it only took me a month to blog about it!  I had always thought that diapers were easier because I wouldn't have to constantly be looking for a potty.  What was I thinking?  I was crazy.  Diapers are not easier and certainly not cheaper!!  So now instead of $1 every time I change all three diapers David goes on the potty and I change the other two...and it only costs me about 65 cents every time a diaper change occurs.  Life is looking good.  Now if only we could get Thomas to show some interest I would be golden...but since Thomas has ZERO interest I'm placing bets that I could potty train Jennifer before Thomas.  But I also know that as all things Thomas will do it in his own time.



David was a potty training extraordinaire.  I really can't take much credit beside being one good cheerleader.  He started talking about wanting to go on the potty just before Blake left for Band Camp (mid July) so I decided I didn't mind cleaning up messes and the week of band camp would be the perfect week...but David had different timing.  The week before Blake left David started keeping his diaper dry and going on the potty.  I told him he could wear underwear when he stayed dry for three days.  Well, that's all it took.  So on day four we put on underwear and haven't looked back!  Sure we had a few accidents but they were minimal.  I don't even have to ask him about going he just runs in and goes. He certainly isn't text book and I haven't had to put any good tricks in place - he just goes!  We did bribe him in the beginning with one fruit snack every time he went and a full bag for number two in the toilet.  So, we have gone through a lot of fruit snacks but well worth it to have dry pants.

Now if only we could get Thomas to give up diapers..........I have a feeling potty training him won't be nearly as easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment