Thursday, August 23, 2012

Band Camp, Jury Duty, Jennifer's First Tooth and Potty Training

The third week of July was a crazy one. Daddy was off to band camp (which left mommy and the crew on their own for a week), mommy had jury duty and Jennifer decided it was a great week to get her first tooth!  Needless to say I was exhausted at the end of the week, daddy missed a milestone, which made him sad, and then there was jury duty!  I'm always happy (well, that might be pushing it) to do my civic duty, after all we aren't called to do much in the land of the free, but this certainly wasn't a good week to have jury duty.  Thankfully Nama Denise was up for the job of watching the kids.  I remember thinking ... one maybe two days tops then I would be done.  Well, so much for that plan.  Instead I was called for a murder case, listened to intense testimony and then went home to three kids who missed their mommy and daddy.  I fell into bed each night only to think about the sad events I was listening to and prayed for the safety of each of my kiddos and the families that were affected by this terrible tragedy.  And every morning I was woken up early to their smiling faces and a sweet Jennifer who wanted her mommy while she worked on cutting her first tooth.  We certainly missed daddy, but he had fun and thankfully mommy was called as an alternate juror after listening to the entire case and we all got to head north to see daddy's band perform their show on the last day of band camp.  I was glad to see that week come to a close!

Pre band camp the boys tried out the shirts...
but we couldn't reveal the logo until the last day of band camp!

Preparing to leave to go see daddy!

We love the band!

You can't see her first tooth, but it's in there. It was killing daddy not to be able to see it since Jennifer wouldn't open her mouth for a photos.

Playing in the tub while daddy was away!


And did I mention that I was also working on potty
 training David while daddy was away!!  What a week!  

Every year we buy the kids matching band 
camp shirts and put their names on the back.

Watching Daddy's band!

Jennifer felt she should be in charge 
of the remote while daddy was gone.

A visit from Aunt Krista and a girls' lunch date!

No comments:

Post a Comment