Mommy and the two busters!
Thomas helping Daddy direct the band!
David and his Auntie Nicky
Today is the boys' 2/3rds birthday. They came into this world 8 months ago today. Just the other day, Julie and I celebrated our one month anniversary of meeting the boys in person. In many ways, the month has gone by quickly, but in other ways, it seems as though we've had Thomas and David for a lot longer.
I haven't been able to post very much on the blog these days because life is just so busy. I'm back to work everyday with the commuting and the bands, and Julie is working even harder at home with the boys. There just isn't much time at the end of the day to sit on the computer and type. We don't even get on facebook much anymore. It's been the best month of our lives though. The boys bring such a joy to me I can't even describe it words. My heart melts when they look at me and smile or when I hold them and they sigh a sigh on contentment. They are just the sweetest and cutest little busters (that's what I call them) in the world. Here is a brief update on both:
Thomas: If you remember from reading this blog while we were in Africa, Thomas had some trouble at first bonding with us. I'm happy to say I think we've cured most of that. Thomas is definitely becoming a mama's boy. He's really gotten stronger in this last month. When we first got him, his legs were like jello and he was so thin. He didn't want to stand up and his back and neck went limp when we picked him up. He didn't sit on his own either. Now, he stands, sits on his own on the floor, feeds himself pieces of food, and I think has grown a lot. His personality isn't as serious as before. He loves to laugh and play games with us. He also likes to pick on his brother sometimes and chew David's fingers. They are so funny when we get them together on the floor and step back and watch them play. Except for a mild parasite, he's a very healthy boy.
David: He remains Mr. Personality but also has become Mr. Temper too. He can go from happy to crying mad in seconds. David is as strong as ever and loves to stand up and tonight he even crawled a bit. Well, scooted might be a better word for it but it was still fun. He's a little bit of a fussy eater. He likes food with some texture and some flavor to it. He's learn to clap along with songs that his daddy sings to him and also mommy taught him to wave. It's so cute. He also has a mild parasite but is a strong healthy boy as well.
Both boys: The boys are pretty good sleepers. We put them to bed about 7:15-7:30 and we usually don't hear from them until after 12. We feed them a bottle and they're usually good until 5-6 and then another small bottle and they get up around 8 am. They're kind of picky eaters but are learning the routine of the height chair. They love their puffs and graham crackers too. Cassie, our beagle, has adjusted fairly well to the boys. I think just this week she decided she better play with them and make the best of it because they're not going anywhere. The boys will pet her and laugh when she runs around them. The boys are into musical toys the most but can be amused for a long time with something as simple as a small piece of tupperware. They're not afraid to be held by other people as long as mom and dad are nearby. We had two great showers last week at the middle school and at my mom's and the boys were great.
Please enjoy the pictures and videos that I'm putting up now.
Thank you for the update on the boys for us out of towners. I love the pictures!!!
ReplyDelete