Of the fun of parenting! As I sit here it is supposed to be nap time, but you would never know it at my house. Well, I guess that isn't totally true. Jennifer has taken pity on mom and is resting peacefully and went down without a fuss. As for the boys (who by they way were once amazing sleepers)...AHHHHH!! Maybe this once peaceful time of my day is gone. Nap time has turned into a battle of the wills. When I win the boys sleep for almost two hours (or more) when I loose...I spend over an hour trying to get them to sleep and loosing my patience. Who said parenting was fun?? Not during nap time!! Currently it's 50 degrees outside and David is laying (I use that word loosely) in pajama shorts with nothing else on. Thomas is practicing gymnastics in his bed and has dressed himself in no fewer than 3 outfits since I put him down for a nap. The once spotless room has 20+ books all over the floor, the outfit changes are all over the floor and my patience is shot! It's a good thing God made them cute or there could be trouble. For now I will continue to remind myself that God never gives us more than we can handle and keep leaning on him for LOTS of extra patience. Here's to me winning and earning my well deserved peace and quiet (and let's hope that happens before Jennifer wakes up!).
Love it. They are super lucky they are so cute :) Remember this too shall pass. I know that doesn't help with your peace and quite right now at all :)
ReplyDelete