Monday, September 24, 2012

He's A Good Pa

Pa Dave is a special Pa….He’s one of the kids!  He loves to get dirty, make up the rules as you go, sometimes forget the rules, run around and just have fun, play games, explore the world with the kids and just enjoy life.  One of my favorite things about my dad is how much he loves his grand kids.  As a kid I remember my dad getting on the floor and playing with us for hours on end.  That hasn’t changed…now he plays with my kids.  It’s a true blessing to have a dad that isn’t afraid of kids, no matter the age (although he will pass off a dirty diaper given the chance).  He loves to help them explore the world around them (his inner biologist) and learn new things.  The boys love their time with Pa and all the things he teaches them but they especially love his patience.  This summer Pa took the boys fishing for the first time.  When I say fishing I mean it in the loosest of terms.  On a rainy afternoon Pa sat and put worm after worm on the hooks while the boys dropped their poles in and caught the “BIGGEST” fish – who also repeatedly stole their worms.  It was fun to watch from a distance and see the true love my boys have for the Pa who loves them so much.  We are blessed by many who love them but I must say that Pa holds a special place in their hearts (and of course mine).  I couldn’t ask for a better dad and grandpa.


The scene from a distance.  Pa and his boys.

Pa's patience was amazing as he put on worm after worm.

Thomas' First Fish!  
(It's hard to see because Pa's hands are holding the "big" fish!)

David's First Fish



A serene afternoon at the lake.


1 comment:

  1. Your dad is pretty special. I was always a little jealous that you were able to live with both parents. Your dad was always patient and kind and of course funny. I always remember him saying "hey Jen" every time I came over to the house. And always asking me how I was doing. He genuinely cared!!
    You are so blessed to be able to share him with your children.

    ReplyDelete