Monday, July 25, 2011

Uncanny View

This momma had an uncanny view of her busters the other day.  One that brought me to tears and caused me to look away as a shed my tears with a smile.  
I know my boys have a very special Ethiopian mommy on the other side of the ocean. She is one we pray for constantly, thank for her sacrifice and keep in touch with so she knows our boys are doing well, growing up healthy and when old enough will come and visit Ethiopia and her.  In fact, I was just able to see her in June, visit her home (where the boys lived for a short time) and bring her new photos of the boys.  
It was a special moment to visit her home and one I must say surprised her since they don't live in a big town and are about 3/4 of a mile off the main road.  Seeing her face again and being able to hug her was amazing....but even more amazing was how excited she was to hear that the boys were doing well and the memory of her kissing their photos is still heartbreaking.  At first she didn't understand why I hadn't brought the boys with me, but after explaining how long of a trip it was and a promise that when they were old enough they would come and visit her she got the most beautiful smile on her face and we had a great visit.
All this brings me back to the uncanny view.  So you can imagine after the emotions of seeing the boys' Ethiopian mommy and then seeing the boys with bandannas on their heads and only showing their faces that I was awestruck by how much the look like their Ethiopian mommy.  Here are a few photos I wanted to share with you of all three of the Ethiopian beauties!

We are all one family, bound by God's love!



Thomas 





 David





Ethiopian mommy's house....beautiful and spacious.

Seeing this warmed by heart and brought tears to my eyes. 
I know one day we will all be reunited.
(on top of her house)


Two mommas, both love the boys with all their heart.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Julie....that post has me sobbing. I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to meet her and get all of those sweet photos. And the one of the top of her home.....such a blessing to know you will all be reunited in heaven someday. They are absolutely beautiful. Hope to see you at Mom's group here soon(-:
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you got to see their mom again and even saw where they lived. How special for all of you to be in contact and for your boys to have pictures of their mommies together.

    How was your trip in June? Would love to hear more about what you did and the wells that are being built.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete