Sunday, November 21, 2010

Growing Up

This week seemed to be a week where the boys wouldn't stop changing.  We are constantly amazed by David's vocabulary skills.  He is able to repeat almost any word we say...even multi-syllable words!  Then this week David started using complete sentences.  Out of no where he asked "Where is Jeremy?"  (Yes, Uncle Jeremy he is on the hunt for you...guess you need to come visit.)  He then continued on to tell me "I don't want that" and a variety of other short sentences. 

Thomas can talk, but doesn't find it overly necessary.  He instead tends to be on the hunt for how to get into anything he wants to in the house. He has broken my cabinet locks to get into the cabinet, pushed the fire truck over to the stove and taken the grates off the stove, moved a box to the chair, climbed up and swiped numerous things off my counter.  He is a Houdini and I never know what he will be into next.  Good thing he is cute!!

I did have a proud mommy moment when I told Thomas to hug David and they both came from opposite sides of the room to hug their brother with outstretched arms.  It certainly made my heart smile and my eyes well up with tears. I tried to get it on video, but it certainly wasn't as cute as the outstretched arms the first time!  




No comments:

Post a Comment